Volunteer Camp Counselor application window is now closed.
SRA SUMMER CAMP VOLUNTEER APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS
Every year SRA receives more applications than it has positions available for volunteer camp counselors. SRA has used the following approach to select volunteers from what is generally a highly qualified pool of applicants:
- The applicant must be at least a rising 7th grader for the upcoming school year.
- Applications must be postmarked by February 15th. Late applications are not considered.
- SRA aims to select an even distribution of female and male volunteer counselors.
- The primary consideration used to select volunteer counselors is the applicant’s experience caring for children. This includes experience as a babysitter, camp counselor, coach, reading buddy, and/or tutor, playing leadership roles in children’s youth groups or clubs, etc.
- After selecting candidates with the most relevant experience, the following preferences may be used to narrow the pool or candidate
- older applicants (maturity)
- applicants who have participated in SRA camps (familiarity with the program)
- siblings of current or former volunteer counselors
(2018) This year SRA received 23 applications for 12 available volunteer counselor positions. The personnel committee and SRA Director reviewed all applications, and selected 12 applicants to whom we made offers by mail. All other applicants received a letter thanking them for their applications and informing them they were not selected for a position this summer. Letters were mailed on March 21, 2018.
For kids entering 7th grade and higher interested in becoming a Volunteer Camp Counselor, please fill out the attached application and mail it to SRA PO Box 235 Swarthmore, PA 19081.
If you have any additional questions regarding the application process, please email Colleen Murphy, SRA Interim Director, at email@example.com.