The Swarthmore Recreation Association is a non-profit community organization that offers year-round, indoor and outdoor sports and recreation programming for youth and adults in the greater Swarthmore area. All positions require successful completion of Pennsylvania Child Abuse abuse clearances and criminal background checks.
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMMING, $21/ hour, 20 hours per week
- attend weekly meetings with the Director and Assistant Director regarding the state of SRA and to develop programming, set schedules, discuss equipment and uniforms, etc.
- attend approximately four evening and/or weekend meetings each month on behalf of SRA
- assist with social media
- coordinate uniform orders
- coordinate the Sports Mentors program, including registrations, training, volunteer and paid hour tracking, references, and scheduling
- coordinate origination, purchase, and disbursement of equipment
- assist with player evaluations in a variety of sports
- act as Program Director for any sport as necessary
- serve as a member of all internal sports boards
- assist with first-day programming obligations (e.g. checking-in registrants, distributing jerseys/uniforms, etc.)
- assist at major SRA events, including but not limited to The Great Swarthmore Campout, The Fourth of July Bike Race, Hometown Harvest, Skate Night, etc.
Hours are flexible; some work may be performed remotely; position requires the use of a personal car. Applications will be accepted until the job is filled.
Swarthmore Recreation Association Summer Day Camp provides camp to children from preschool through seventh-grade, Monday through Thursday, June 27-July 28, in two sessions. The morning session runs from 8:45-11:30, and the afternoon session runs from 11:30-1:45. The camp is primarily non-educational and focused on fun, outdoor activities with some indoor activities as well. The camp runs at the Swarthmore Rutledge School in Swarthmore, PA.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, $7.50/hr, 12 hours a week, June 27-July 28
- provide administrative support to the Camp Director and Head Counselors for the morning session of camp (8:30-11:30)
- inform parents via email of necessary clothing or other supplies for each week of camp
- disseminate the camp schedule
- assist with distribution of supplies to individual classrooms, as needed
- receive attendance-related and/or emergency calls to/from parents
- help as needed in classrooms and on the playground
Applicant must be available for at least four weeks of camp; position requires a personal cell phone; applicants must be 16 years of age or older. Applications will be accepted until the job is filled.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Sara Kelly at Sara@SwarthmoreRecreation.org.
Join the SRA Board
Join our volunteer Board of Directors and help steer SRA into the future. Board members serve three year terms. Each board member serves on one of our standing committees, finance, programming, and personnel. Third-year board members serve on the Executive Committee. To join the board, please send a letter of interest, including on which committee you would prefer to serve, to Sara Kelly at Sara@SwarthmoreRecreation.org. Board terms begin in August.
Junior Board Members
Junior board members are rising juniors who serve two years on our board of directors. Junior board members attend monthly meetings and participate in discussions and decision-making around all aspects of SRA operations. Junior board terms begin in August before a student’s junior year. To apply, send a letter of interest to Sara@SwarthmoreRecreation.org.